There's nothing presumptive about the fact that it HAS been deprecated in trunk for quite some time now. (since it was still called 2.1-snap)

The aggregator is full of problems and usually leads to recursive builds when you bind it to the lifecycle. A complely new concept is needed to handle this use case.

--Brian (mobile)