Is it released yet? The reason it didn't make the previous releases is that it wasn't ready. I think it should be in 2.1 but not 2.0 at this point

--Brian (mobile)

On Feb 8, 2009, at 1:03 PM, Lukas Theussl <ltheu...@apache.org> wrote:

Picking up the doxia thread:

I have the feeling Doxia is never going to get out of it's vicious circle: we are hesitant to release 1.1 because without the site plugin using it, it doesn't get any hard-core testing, and for maven you guys don't want to use it because it hasn't been released for so long...

First we were told that maven 2.0.9 will switch to doxia beta-1, then 2.0.10 then 2.0.11, then 2.1-SNAP, then 2.1-M3, now 2.2.... :)

Just count the issues of the site plugin that depend on a doxia upgrade, at one point we'll have to switch to make any progress. I was really hoping to get this in for M3.

-Lukas

Brett Porter wrote:
(for some reason this got bounced as spam earlier, so I rewrote it and chopped the quotation in the hope it gets through...) I thought this was already the direction we were going... (see "releasing 2.0.10" thread). I already suggested we drop the auto parent version and PGP stuff from the roadmap, and I'm all for getting to a final release ASAP. Personally, I would still like to give the Doxia change a trial - and should it prove to have *any* problems we pull it back to 2.2. I think this is causing the Doxia guys some grief - so I'd like to hear from them. I'm probably 50/50 on parallel downloads - would prefer to see it in, but not if it requires a lot of integration work or causes problems. We do need the password security changes finished. Oleg, are you working on the docs or should I put them together based on your blog? Is there anything else left to do in the code? I think that dependency needs to be out of alpha before we go final - I think we discussed that sort of criteria for external dependencies a while back.
Thanks,
Brett
--
Brett Porter