I'm playing around with this a bit.    It's definitely faster than 2.0.10 for
my "fastinstall" cases.   From 36 seconds down to 27 seconds.   That's good.
However, with "mvn clean", I'm getting a LOT of warning spit out:

NOTE: You may need to run this build to the 'compile' lifecycle phase, or
farther, in order to build the dependency artifact.

[WARNING] A dependency of the current project (or of one the plugins used in
its build) was found in the reactor,  but had not been built at the time it
was requested. It will be resolved from the repository instead.

That's definitely disconcerting to the users.   Could they get toned down to
DEBUG level or something?

I also ran into a failure with CXF.   With a trunk checkout of CXF, if I run:
mvn -Psetup.eclipse
to setup the eclipse stuff, I get:

[INFO] The projects in the reactor contain a cyclic reference: Edge between
'Vertex{label='org.apache.cxf:cxf'}' and 'Vertex{label='org.apache.cxf:cxf-
buildtools'}' introduces to cycle in the graph org.apache.cxf:cxf-buildtools
--> org.apache.cxf:cxf --> org.apache.cxf:cxf-buildtools

which doesn't occur with 2.0.x.

Dan

On Mon March 9 2009 12:00:13 pm John Casey wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've rolled the first release candidate for Maven 2.1.0. It's available at:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/maven-2-1-0-RC1
> (https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-staging-4e4fa48c7
>0323f/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/2.1.0/)
>
> The staging repository root is at:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-staging-4e4fa48c70
>323f
>
> If you have time, please take a look and see if you can break it!
>
> BTW, the JIRA version notes for this release are at:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/maven-2-1-0-jira
> (http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&styleName
>=Html&version=14587)
>
> If we can't find anything wrong with this release candidate after maybe
> four or five days at most, I'll call the vote for a release. Hopefully
> we can coast in on the effort we put forth in the last release, at least
> to some extent! :-)
>
> Thanks,
>
> -john

Daniel Kulp