From: Kaveh Goudarzi [mailto:ka...@itkaa.com]
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 4:18 PM
To: Maven Developers List
Subject: Re: install:install-file & Repository MetaData files
maven-metadata-local.xml

Hi Brian,

        In both cases the pluginGroup is added to my settings.xml e.g

~/.m2/settings.xml
------------------
<settings>
<pluginGroups>
  <pluginGroup>com.my.pacakge</pluginGroup>
</pluginGroups>
</settings>
------------------

        However it only appears to work if the two
maven-metadata-local.xml
files exist otherwise the short-hand or non-specific-version
invocations fail.

Any thoughts?

thanks in advance.

Kaveh.

Brian E. Fox wrote:
> In order for maven to look in the right place for the shorthand
lookup,
> you need to add a pluginGroup in your settings. By default, maven only
> uses org.apache.maven.plugins and org.codehaus.mojo.

~/.m2/repositories/com/my/package/maven-mytest-plugin/maven-metadata-loc