From: David Jencks [mailto:david_jen...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 3:48 PM
To: Maven Developers List
Cc: Portals Discussion
Subject: Current status of moving apache projects to apache's nexus
instance?

I'm trying to help the apache portals project set up some root poms.
They are currently using the apache pom version 5 which IIUC deploys
releases and snapshots to the apache nexus instance.

I googled but couldn't find any instructions on how to proceed with
this.  I think it would be pretty handy if the maven site had a page
linked from the front page with some up to date instructions.  For
instance IIUC when portals releases these poms (to nexus, right?) all
the existing portals stuff also has to be moved by hand to nexus and
all future portals releases have to go to nexus.  Or did I make this up?

Something else I'd find pretty helpful is info on what the recommended
release profile for apache projects is and whether you even need one
or if some default is adequate.

In case anyone wants to review the portals poms to advise on whether
they are likely to work...

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/portals/portals-pom/trunk/pom.xml
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/portals/applications/applications-pom/t
runk/pom.xml