On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 12:12 AM, John Casey <jdca...@commonjava.org> wrote:
> This is probably not a well-documented feature yet, as it's fairly new and
> we've been working out the kinks. Container-descriptor handlers aggregate
> content from things like components.xml, etc. in an intelligent way, rather
> than allowing one jar's descriptor to overwrite another's. The descriptor
> handlers are Plexus components, whose role-hint is entered in the section
> you mention below. The assembly plugin then looks up the specific handlers
> for use when it encounters references to them in the assembly descriptor.
>
> What is the specific error you're seeing?

The build succeeds buts the verify.bsh fails.

File:
D:\ide\maven\maven-assembly-plugin\target\it\projects\container-descriptors\custom-containerDescriptorHandler\assembly\target\assembly-1-bin\b\file.txt
should not exist, but does.

Looking at the verify.bsh I think it expects to see a/file.txt merged
with b/file.txt into file.txt.
However all three files exist in the target directory and /file.txt is empty.