Excellent. I do not have a long history with Git but from the projects I
used I'm always annoyed when I have to the projects I develop using SVN. So,
if my vote counts anyway I'm +1. We started using it for OI4J and everyone
getting accustom is loving it. Soon, I hope, all OPS4J projects will be on
git.
And I'm a strong supporter for projects which are not open to everyone to
commit (such as OPS4J) to go on GitHub. It becomes a lot easier to post
patches by  forking your own version and changing it directly compared to
making, diffs and attach them to jira issues. And you or any committer could
then just pull.
+ all the nice infrastructure available on GitHub to follow changes and so
on.

So, when can I start cloning? ;)