We already decided to move to 1.5 in 2.1 but never did. For me it's a given in 2.2, why even bother debating it?

John Casey wrote:
Read MNG-4140. We had a solution much like you mention (it used string searches, not DOM searches, but amounts to the same thine...the <version> element is context-sensitive).

So, what is an adequate reason in your eyes for moving to 1.5?