fyi:

- maven password encryption uses SHA-256 and switching to SHA-512 could be done using optional encrypted string attributes to ensure decryption of the existing passwords. SHA-256 is already SHA2 family and has not been cracked yet, so we can wait. Main question was availability of SHA-512 in all targeted JVMs

- Mercury signature generation uses SHA-1, I will explore switching it to SHA-512: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MERCURY-128.

Thanks,
Oleg