The problem with this is two-fold actually,
The url representation currently doesn't encapsulate the other parts of the
dependency declaration like optional or scope. Further, it is difficult to
deterministically reverse a url like that back to the GAV components... we
struggle with this often in Nexus when people have unusual artifact or group
ids that make it hard for example to separate the group from the artifact,
or the version from the classifier.