Hi folks,

I just spot the r766947 [1] of the ASF pom which add a
pluginManagement tag for all ASF projects.
Some questions:
- some plugins like modello-maven-plugin or plexus-maven-plugin are
more specific for Maven projects than ASF projects. Why not move them
in the Maven pom? Why not external ASF plugins like tools-maven-plugin
from geronimo project are not included?
- some plugins like antrun-plugin are also defined in the super pom
[2]. Why defining them twice? The maintenance will be hard: for
instance the version of the maven-clean-plugin is different between
super pom and asf pom...
- some plugins are not included in the super pom, asf pom or maven
pom. Brett told me on IRC that ant-plugin is not a "common" plugin. I
am fine for ant-plugin but nothing is defined for eclipse/idea plugins
which are commons IMHO. So what are common plugins for all asf
projects and common plugins for Maven projects?

IMHO I think it is the responsibility of Maven to provide a super pom
but each ASF project should define its own pluginManagement list.
WDYT?

Cheers,

Vincent

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=766947