Okay, I'll correct the doc. I guess I'll need to look into the User-Agent behavior more carefully to determine what's going on there.

-john

Brett Porter wrote:

On 30/06/2009, at 1:32 AM, John Casey wrote:

I'm guessing User-Agent needs to be documented as an exception, since we setup User-Agent through the DefaultWagonManager (IIRC, you and I worked on that for 2.1.0). I'm sure the logic in DefaultWagonManager overrides what you setup above.

Odd that it works with httpHeaders but not the other. I haven't had a chance to confirm other headers are working properly.

+ If all you need is a per-server timeout configuration, you still have the option to use the old <<<\<timeout\>>>> + parameter. If you need to separate timeout preferences according to HTTP method, you can use one more like that
+  specified directly above.
Do you think instead of deprecating the old httpHeaders/useCache that it could be the same recommendation? Basically - you can keep using the direct config, but if you need fine-grained the above is available. This also helps avoid issues where the lightweight vs httpclient configs have now diverged.

Sure, I don't see what it'd hurt to remove the deprecation on httpHeaders. Since deprecation of that field isn't evident for most Maven users (those who are configuring the wagon via settings.xml), I suppose this could wait until the beta-7 / 1.0 release?

Yep, I think it was more how it would be viewed in this doc...

- Brett