On Jul 9, 2009, at 1:34 PM, Benjamin Bentmann wrote:

Brett Porter wrote:

Wouldn't it work if I just use the predefined "project" descriptor?
Yes, if you do not have any source packages called "target".

Really, what about the LICENSE/NOTICE files that get generated under target? As far as I grok the "project" descriptor (and also the "src" descriptor), these would be missing from the root of the source archive.

I think Brian disagrees with me, but my understanding of the lengthy conversation on legal-discuss includes concluding that svn needs LICENSE and NOTICE files at expected checkout roots that cover what is actually in svn, as opposed to what gets in the binary, javadoc, or source jars. So these would get added to the source release packaging.

thanks
david jencks

Also, the "project" descriptor would produce an assembly with the classifier "project", not what we want, do we?

Benjamin