I'm trying to find the problem why no Eclipse project files can be generated of an Ear project without installing the required dependencies first. I've seen that it's caused by the ear:generate-application-xml goal, but I don't understand why, how and where it's starten. I checkout out the sources of both the Eclipse and Ear plugin, created a custom ear plugin version where I removed all annotation from the ApplicationXmlMojo and installed it in the local repository. The test project, just a generated simple j2ee project, used this custom ear plugin. When running eclipse:eclipse still the ear:generate-application-xml goal is sought but this goal does not exist anymore.

Anyone knows why it's still used? I cannot find anything in either the Eclipse or Ear plugin which references to it.

Regards,
Joost