http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MARTIFACT-19
DefaultArtifactInstaller should only overwrite files if timestamp has changed

This bug seems really bad for performance in large reactor builds or even just for builds with large jars/wars/assemblies. The fix appears to be a one-line fix.

I'm surprised it's gone this long without being noticed... Is there some non-obvious reason not to do this?

I think I'm going to just check in the change in maven-2/branches/maven-2.2.x and repeat the change in trunk sometime tomorrow unless somebody objects. (It results in a nice pick-me-up on my machine...)

-Dan