On 2009-09-29, at 2:14 PM, Jesse McConnell wrote:

there are certainly benefits to having it in place, I wonder about the
scm metadata suffering from bit rot over time as project juggle around
stuff in their scm's though..

kind of throws a monkey wrench into the materialization process for
projects or dependencies

This is a problem that Maven has tried to solve in one form with relocations, but any decent project is going to attempt to provide redirection itself if it actually cares.

To not put the information is because we think it's going to be hard to maintain over time is not an argument for not putting it in.

jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconn...@gmail.com