Brian,

> Ok then, I assert they are all fine. Now you can provide a list and
> refute me ;-).
In this case (if they were all fine) here is your list:
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/.index/
(But unfortunately they are not all fine.)

> Seriously, the definition of "broken" depends on the observer.
True. This is why maybe there should be different "Good lists" and
users should be allowed to choose, depending on their taste.

> Before we can
> "fix" anything "broken" we need to start by defining what you think is
> broken and why.

One of the possible Definitions of "Good list", which I would like
call "Maven Central Compliance" is defined here:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-central-repository-upload.html
If artifacts are on Central which are not on this list (which list
should really be realized soon), I don't mind, as long as I could
search or filter by this list.
You cannot objectively define what is "broken" only if you specify
which Lists you are talking about. Do you mean, the "Maven Central
Compliance" list?