Thanks Dennis for the initiative. Unfortunately it comes at a bad time for me, I'm afraid I won't be able to help much in the next weeks (new job, new country, new home...) but I fully endorse your plan of action. See my comments below.

Dennis Lundberg wrote:
Hi all

I think it's about time we release Maven Site Plugin 2.1.

There are *a lot* of issued fixed in there, many of them thanks to the
upgrade to Doxia 1.1. To get a release out there are a couple of this to
consider:

1. What releases are needed?

maven-doxia-tools-1.1
doxia-1.1.2
doxia-sitetools-1.1.2
maven-site-plugin-2.1

maven-reporting-impl-2.1 is also on my list and would be ready too. OTOH, what has changed in maven-doxia-tools-1.1? There are no JIRA's associated with it?

2. Which issues do we include?

Here's a list of the issues currently scheduled for the above releases:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSHARED-102
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/DOXIA-354
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/DOXIA-355
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/DOXIASITETOOLS-32
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-227
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-244
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-273
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-358
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-419

I propose that we fix only DOXIASITETOOLS-32 (Deployed
decoration-1.0.1.xsd) and MSITE-419 (Update to Doxia 1.1.2). We push the
rest to later versions. What do other think?

I have updated the JIRA roadmaps for DOXIA and MSITE, it's fine for me like
that.

Thanks!
-Lukas

3. Who does what?

I can release maven-doxia-tools and maven-site-plugin, if someone else
can make the two Doxia releases.

The Doxia Release Plan can be found on the wiki at
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Doxia+Release+Plan