Txs Benjamin!

I don't think it is that different, because my real problem is that I cannot
distinguish between those artifacts because of that.

So the problem of _retrieving_ those artifacts (and detecting problems within
them) maybe can be solved by storing them in a different way?

In other words, the original problem:
> project ---depends-on---> A ---depends-on---> B

could be solved IF we can distinguish between the repository scope of the
artifacts as raised in [1].

e.g. even if A introduces a fully blown repo2 (containing B),'project' itself
could still use the artifacts from central. Kind of a repo-resolve hierarchy
analogue to a classloader hierarchy. Resolving version crashes and things might
get tricky though, but should be doable.

LieGrue,
strub

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3056