I find that the release plugin docs don't give me an adequate idea of what to expect to happen in svn when I run

release:prepare
release:rollback
release:perform
release:branch

After some experimentation I think I know what happens for some of these:

release:prepare makes 3 svn commits
- update current project to release version
- create tag  (from what? I have no idea)
- update current project to next development version

release:rollback, in an indeterminate number of commits, undoes anything committed since release:prepare was run for the first time in this release attempt. In particular if you tried to commit build fixes that only became evident during release:prepare, they will get undone.

release:perform makes no svn changes

release:branch I have no idea about.

I suspect it would take about 15 minutes for one of the authors to update the docs with some accurate info along these lines and I doubt I would be the only one appreciating the effort.

thanks
david jencks