If you are running java5 or higher, there's a good chance you can just
drop in surefire2.5 and junit-4.8.1, without making any code changes at
all. Although I haven't tested this specifically, I think it should
work.

You can read about how to do it here - I'll try to get parts of it into
some official documentation once I get the karma and find out where ;)
In the meantime there's only the javadoc in the plugin.

http://incodewetrustinc.blogspot.com/2010/01/run-your-junit-tests-concurrently-with.html

Kristian