I am now having similar problems with the Javadoc plugin.  It works with
Maven 2.2.1 but with Maven 3 it cannot resolve my custom package types.
 Each project runs fine individually but when I try to do a multi-module
build it cannot resolve the dependencies because it does not use my artifact
handler.