On 4/12/10 9:29 AM, M Muthukumaran wrote:
> All,
>

> I have a multi module project where I have only two modules. Every thing
> works fine like build, install, etc. However I have problem while
> deploying the artifact into my snapshot repository. I'm hosting
> artifactory as my organization repository and every thing is perfect
> from the repository configuration point of view. I have the profile
> which is not active by default but activating through command line.
> Please refer the parent POM below,
>

> <project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0";
>
>     xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
>
>     xsi:schemaLocation=
>
>     "http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0
> http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd";>
>

>   <!-- Note: The model version is a constant. It needs to be same in
>
>   all the POM.
>
>   -->
>
>   <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
>

>   <groupId>mygroup</groupId>
>
>   <artifactId>myartifact</artifactId>
>
>   <version>${version}</version>
>
>   <packaging>pom</packaging>
>

> <modules>
>
>     <module>module-A</module>
>
>     <module>module-B</module>
>
> </modules>
>

> <profiles>
>
>     <profile>
>
>       <id>deploy-snapshot</id>
>
>       <activation>
>
>         <activeByDefault>false</activeByDefault>
>
>       </activation>
>
>       <distributionManagement>
>
>         <snapshotRepository>
>
>           <id>my-snapshot</id>
>
>           <name>my-snapshot</name>
>
>           <url>http://.......</url>
>
>         </snapshotRepository>
>
>       </distributionManagement>
>
>     </profile>
>
>   </profiles>
>
> </project>
>

> The problem is I need to go to each child POM and say my parent
> (Inheritance) in order to have a successful artifact deployment into my
> repository.

How is this a problem? You would prefer Maven read your mind to
determine your snapshot repository?

> Is this is known behavior or I'm doing something wrong...
I'd say it's a known behavior that Maven builds the effective pom based
on information it is provided; not ESP.

> I do not want
> to do both association and inheritance in my maven scripts. Could some
> one please hint me to avoid this?
Inheritance is, IMHO, unavoidable in any non-trivial Maven project.

BTW, why are you putting the snapshot repository in a profile? Are you
using multiple snapshot repositories? That seems odd to me.

Justin