Hi,

Just tried out one of my projects with 3.0-beta-1 and discovered an issue which I would like help on. The issue boils down to "when and how is targetPath resolved in maven-resources-plugin" in 3.0-beta-1 versus 2.2.1.

I have a bare-bones POM and a couple of text files that can demonstrate the issue which I can attach to a JIRA (if requested).

My <resources> section looks like:

        <resources>
            <resource>
                <targetPath>../${app.key}</targetPath>
                <filtering>true</filtering>
            </resource>
        </resources>

My plugins section has properties-maven-plugin bringing properties into the project (only single property app.key). The configuration is as follows:

            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                <artifactId>properties-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>1.0-alpha-2</version>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>read-project-properties</id>
                        <phase>initialize</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>read-project-properties</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <files>
                              <file>src/main/filters/site.properties</file>
                            </files>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>

Finally, my filter section is as follows:

        <filters>
            <filter>src/main/filters/site.properties</filter>
        </filters>

site.properties has only 1 line:
app.key=projectA

So, in maven 2.2.1 (mvn clean process-resources), I am expecting 2 things (works as expected):

a) contents of src/main/resources should be filtered using site.properties
b) contents of src/main/resources should be copied to target/projectA

In maven 3.0-beta-1, with the same POM and files:

a) contents of src/main/resources are filtered using site.properties
b) *PROBLEM* contents of src/main/resources are copied to
target/${app.key}

If I run maven 3.0-beta-1 with -X switch "mvn -X clean process-resources", I do see properties-maven-plugin having done its job, as app.key does show up with value projectA in the "[DEBUG] properties used" line.

Where should I concentrate?

a) maven-3.0-beta-1
b) properties-maven-plugin in conjunction with maven-3.0-beta-1
c) maven-resources-plugin in conjunction with maven-3.0-beta-1

Any help is appreciated.

Haroon Rafique
<haroon.rafi...@utoronto.ca>