On Wednesday 26 May 2010 1:17:26 pm Paul Benedict wrote:
> Should -? work? I thought the double dash should work only.

Well, I guess the main difference is that in 2.x, you would get:
Unable to parse command line options: Unrecognized option: -?

printed at the top and then the help appears.   Thus, it kind of "looks" like
it's working.   With 3.0-beta-1, you get that message, the help, and then an:
[ERROR] Error executing Maven.

and then a 17 line stack trace.   At the very least, I don't think the stack
trace should be there.   (without -e)

Dan

> On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 11:21 AM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
> > With maven 2.x, I could do:
> >
> > mvn -?
> > and get the help.   With 3.0-beta-1, that prints the help, but then:
> > [ERROR] Error executing Maven.
> > org.apache.commons.cli.UnrecognizedOptionException: Unrecognized option:
> > -? and a stack trace.
> >

> > I know, it's pretty silly.   Thought I'd mention it anyway.   :-)
> >

> > --
> > Daniel Kulp
> > dk...@apache.org
> > http://dankulp.com/blog