Well, weave mode doesn't work for CXF.   Ends up with a NullPointerException
down in antrun-plugin someplace.   Thus, I cannot help you there.

For CXF on my i7 820QM (4 cores, 8 threads) turning off checkstyle/pmd and
having everything already code generated/compiled (so mostly just running
tests)

Linear: 26 minutes
Parallel: 9 minutes  (-T 12 is what I'm using)

Dan

On Friday 11 June 2010 12:24:13 pm Kristian Rosenvold wrote:
> I am picking up some positive tweets here and there, but I'd be really
> happy if those of you who test parallel building could report back with
> some numbers in response to this message. I am particularly interested
> in the difference between parallel and weave (and linear too), mostly to
> assess that weave is worth the effort.
>
> So after tweaking around with threads a bit to find out what runs
> fastest I'd really enjoy reports like this one (real data):
>
> Linear: 50 seconds
> Parallel: 40 seconds
> Weave: 29 seconds
> For a 10 module project using -T 1C on a 6 core box.
>

> For those wondering:
> * Both parallel and weave favorize projects with lots of modules
>   and "wide" dependency graphs.
> * Weave is /probably/ quite a lot faster than parallel for projects
>   with lots of tests fairly evenly distributed among the modules.
> * Putting all your tests in one module is a bad idea in this context.
> * Some mojos (like war/ear) can "dwarf" all the others,
>   effectively limiting the overall potential somewhat.
>
> Kristian

Daniel Kulp
dk...@apache.org
http://dankulp.com/blog