On Aug 18, 2010, at 12:59 PM, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:

> Le mercredi 18 août 2010, Arnaud Héritier a écrit :
>> It's always in GitHub or the merge started in trunk ?
> BTW, we have 3.0-beta-2 released without Guice nor Aether and GitHub with
> both
> Guice and Aether.
> What about merging Guice in svn trunk, so we can test the 3 major steps: 3.0-
> beta-2, +Guice, +Aether?

There's been little to no feedback on beta-2 so I honestly don't think it
matters. Put everything in that we plan ship and release it. If you want an
incremental build that is separate that's probably fine to make comparisons
easier, but the world at large doesn't care.

Let's merge it all in, try and get 3.0 out the door.

> Regards,
>
> Hervé

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

People develop abstractions by generalizing from concrete examples.
Every attempt to determine the correct abstraction on paper without
actually developing a running system is doomed to failure. No one
is that smart. A framework is a resuable design, so you develop it by
looking at the things it is supposed to be a design of. The more examples
you look at, the more general your framework will be.

  -- Ralph Johnson & Don Roberts, Patterns for Evolving Frameworks