OK accepted. But if this shouldn't be within the responsibility of the
release plugin but of the versions plugin, do you know a possibility to
hide this versions plugin goal execution from the users point of view? So
is there a way to hook in the versions plugin goal execution into the
release process to automate this? Maybe the release plugin should at least
be configurable to execute some goals AFTER the release creation phase as
this can be done with the '-Dgoals'
(http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/perform-mojo.html#goals)
option WHILE the release creation phase ? I think this should be a good
(because generic) solution. What do you think?

"Maven Developers List" <dev@maven.apache.org> writes:
>On 30/09/2010, at 7:05 PM, Marcus Linke wrote:
>
>> For my own usecase where we have strongly coupled projects and usually
>> changes are made in both projects we desire behavior b) but other users
>> would like prefer behavior a).
>
>Understood, but we're talking about the default behaviour, and it seems
>clear that it should be discouraging strongly coupled projects. If they
>are released together all the time, you're much better off to put them in
>the same release unit and release in one move.
>
>> This depends on the project structure i
>> think. So this behavior should be configurable by the user (maybe as a
>> plugin?). This would give us the possibility to define the desired
>> behavior per project. One would argue that switching to the next
>snapshot
>> is not the responsibility of the release plugin but for my own usecase
>> manually switching the dependencies to the next development version is
>> tedious and error-prone. One solution could be to integrate
>functionality
>> of the maven-versions-plugin here that collects its version information
>> from the real repository and allows the user to define the desired
>> behavior.
>>
>> Any Comments?
>
>In that practice, it's probably best you use the versions plugin you've
>described as part of your release process. I think integrating it into
>the release plugin is probably overkill.
>
>Thanks for your contribution to the issues!
>
>- Brett
>
>--
>Brett Porter
>br...@apache.org
>http://brettporter.wordpress.com/

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Marcus Linke

--

Softwareentwicklung, IT
news aktuell GmbH - Ein Unternehmen der dpa-Gruppe

www.newsaktuell.de
www.presseportal.de

www.newsaktuell.de/blog
www.twitter.com/newsaktuell
www.youtube.com/newsaktuell
www.facebook.com/pages/newsaktuell/152372075544
www.friendfeed.com/newsaktuell

--

Registergericht: Hamburg, Registernummer: HRB 42 738
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer gemäß § 27 a Umsatzsteuergesetz: