On 11/09/2010 11:30 AM, Rex Hoffman wrote:
The only current problem is that it's not in the maven repo.

True. Probably not hard to fix, if that is the only obstacle; take it off list
if interested.

I don't suppose your teams usage of it is based off on an open source ant task?

Currently we are using it via http://hg.netbeans.org/apitest/ which seems to inline the original project's code (not sure why offhand). Probably not relevant to use from a Maven plugin.

Though cutting a new interface is generally better programming, I don't
want this tool to force developers to do that. I want this to be easily
adopted by as many projects as possible.

Agreed, I just think the _default_ policy should be binary compatibility as defined by http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/third_edition/html/binaryComp.html - you should need to declare alternate policies somehow. (It is also safer to flag a change as incompatible, and have the developer indicate that it is OK in order to fix the build, than to silently claim that changes were compatible when the developer was not even aware of the possible breakage.)

Would the ability to configure the annotation and whether the plugin should
use binary or source compatibility when evaluating the interface/abstract
class meet your needs for QualifiedPublic?

No, @QualifiedPublic works differently. (Again, @QP is just an idle experiment
at this point.)