> My settings file in the .m2 folder begins like this-
> <localRepository>C:\maven-repo\</localRepository>
>
> I want to make this generic and define a common localRepository which will
> work both on Windows and on Linux. Please help.

If you drop the C:\ and just specify a path, it will be common to both
Windows and Linux. I am pretty sure Windows uses the SystemDrive
property (type "set" in MSDOS to see the value) to decide which drive
the path is located on, so hopefully all your Windows users have that
value the same.

For example:
<localRepository>/maven-repo/</localRepository>

Wayne