I've been trying out the parallel stuff in maven 3.0.3 and when it works it's
great.    However I'm wondering what's going on here with this intermittent
error.  I've never gotten this error bulding single threaded.

https://cwiki.apache.org/MAVEN/parallel-builds-in-maven-3.html says the
maven-remote-resources-plugin 1.2 is threadsafe.  However...

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-remote-resources-plugin:1.2:process (default) on
project assemblies: Error rendering velocity resource. NullPointerException ->
[Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-remote-resources-plugin:1.2:process (default) on
project assemblies: Error rendering velocity resource.
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:217)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleThreadedBuilder$1.call(LifecycleThreadedBuilder.java:167)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleThreadedBuilder$1.call(LifecycleThreadedBuilder.java:164)
        at
java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error rendering
velocity resource.
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.resources.remote.ProcessRemoteResourcesMojo.processResourceBundles(ProcessRemoteResourcesMojo.java:1212)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.resources.remote.ProcessRemoteResourcesMojo.execute(ProcessRemoteResourcesMojo.java:519)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:101)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:209)
        ... 13 more
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.getTemplate(RuntimeInstance.java:831)
        at
org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.mergeTemplate(VelocityEngine.java:440)
        at
org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.mergeTemplate(VelocityEngine.java:419)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.resources.remote.ProcessRemoteResourcesMojo.processResourceBundles(ProcessRemoteResourcesMojo.java:1125)
        ... 16 more

I ran with -T 4.  It looks like there were 3 failures with this same stack
trace all in pom projects that aggregate subprojects.

I don't have a lot of time to track down whats going on but might be able to
spend a little time given enough advice.

thanks
david jencks