Dennis,

I noticed similar problems when someone tried to release the cobertura-m-p-2.5.
He rolled back the release, made a jira-issue[1], changed the configuration of
the m-javadoc-p[2] and retried the release.
I didn't have time to investigate this yet (this should be fixed in the
mojo-parent of course) but I know he's using M2 while I'm using M3.
It might give you a hint.

-Robert

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MCOBERTURA-141
[2] https://fisheye.codehaus.org/changelog/mojo/?cs=13909