It turns out "modern" linux kernels now use 32 bit unsigned int to
represent user/group id's. It also seems like recent versions of NFS
(version 4) have started using the top numbers in the high-bit range.

Plexus Io's FileAttributes class uses integers to represent this, which
is a bit of a PITA since we all know unsigned ints can be twice as large
as signed ints.

The issue in question is http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/PLXCOMP-174 and
I'm about to raise this to a blocker since it affects /me/ ;)

Unless someone has a different suggestion to this I will change the
field in FileAttributes to be a "long" and bump plexus-io to 1.1.

Kristian