On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm not sure what you are asking. Shade is a binary operation that
> uses asm. It renames packages. There is no feature of creating
> corresponding source.

I see. It means what I asked is not possible. I wasn't aware that it's a
binary operation.
What I want to do is to relocate the packages such as
org.codehaus.plexus.util, org.apache.xerces that are shaded by maven in the
official build. As you know, these should be shaded, else these classes will
conflict with a different version of the same class that a project would be
using.

Because of the approach we are taking, we can't invoke maven-shade-plugin
and get the job done. I think I'll have to manually patch the maven sources
to get the said functionality. Have to proceed on this track if there's no
other way. Can you please let me know the changes required to get this done?

Thanks,
--Kasun

If you just want the original source, the plugin doesn't get into that