Hi Stephen,

Stephen Connolly wrote:

> I have a critical need for MDEP-316.
>
> It took 2 days to get this to a state where it could actually be released.
>
> There are no vetos for Apache releases,

I know and my vote isn't even binding, I simply express my embarrassment.

> (as release manager for this
> release) my intention is to continue with this release.
>
> I have no issue pushing fixes after we have this out the door... but
> the difference in behaviour between M2 and M3 in the copy and unpack
> goals is IMHO critical.

All those issues simply fix typos in code or Javadoc that prevents either
the proper usage of a goal or one of its parameters. Nothing more. Therefore
it is so embarrassing that they are *again* simply ignored.

> If the patches for those issues apply clean and the tests all pass, I
> am more than happy to roll a 2.3.1 while this vote is in progress.

It's not the first time, that I've been told this. Some day it simply starts
to annoy, especially if something happens like here MDEP-231.

- Jörg