The whole point of this discussion is to find a good way to eliminate
artifacts.xml "fixup" step at the end.

Also note that Eclipse.org is not the only
organization that needs to produce p2 repositories with signed jars, so
sign step has to be pluggable to work with at least generic
jarsigner-plugin and Eclipse.org specific logic.

Igor