I'm working on some doc improvements in the
maven-archetype-plugin:create-from-project, and two questions have me
sort of stumped: custom properties.

1) It looks as if there's a feature for creating custom archetype properties.

Say that I want to have the archeytype have a property of cxf.version
that prompts (and defaults) at generation time.

Do I just put 'cxf.version=VALUE-IN-PROJECT' in the property file, and
expect it to reverse all occurences of the value with the prop name?
Or can I somehow tell it that a property currently used in the project
should be arch-i-fied?

2) Say that I have a Spring XML file that has a reference to a class
name. Will create-from-project every automatically stick
${packagename} into there, or is that inevitable post-editing?