Folks,

A couple of thoughts in response to Stephen:

The convention seems pretty clear to send a 'yoo-hoo' before starting
a release in case anyone is dying to add something. Since I had to do
that anyway, I thought I might as well solicit input on the version
number.

I did get poked once about the sensibility of releasing on a short
list, albeit from a visitor, but he is a very distinguished visitor,
so that left me cautious.

Off I go. In fact I need to run a component release first.

--benson