@Jörg any open source projects you can share ?

What kind of builds are you doing ? install deploy ? with an empty
repo or an already populated one ? is there any reporting done (site
plugin use) ? etc...
Any stack trace you could provide ?

Perso, I have tested this build with asf projects with huge build (cxf
and camel).
Note my MAVEN_OPTS is export MAVEN_OPTS="-Djava.awt.headless=true
-Xmx768m -Xms768m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -client"

Could you add -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError in your MAVEN_OPTS ?
(-XX:HeapDumpPath= to control the path where it's generated-
Maybe this can help us to see what's the issue.

IMHO the reasons for that is probably in external libraries update, we did.

Changes I see are in 3.0.4 from 3.0.3
* new wagon http: light one 1.0-beta-7 to http 2.1
* aether 1.11 to 1.13.1
* sisu-inject* 2.1.1 to 2.3.0 (with sisu-guice too 2.9.4 to 3.1.0)

If you have a bit of time to play with changes back (one by one) to
lib and test ?

2011/11/30 Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenv...@gmail.com>:
> Did you verify that you're using all the same plugins/versions ?
>
> You might consider running something like jvisualvm attached to both 3.0.3
> and 3.0.4  to see if your 3.0.3 build is just "millimeters away" from
> failing on permgen already ;)
>
> Kristian
>
> Den 30.11.2011 09:41, skrev Jörg Schaible:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Olivier Lamy wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'd like to release Apache Maven 3.0.4.
>>>
>>> We fixed 31 issues.
>>> See release notes:
>>>

>> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=17215
>>>
>>> The staged repo is available here:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-244/ .
>>>
>>> The staged distributions are available here:
>>> http://people.apache.org/builds/maven/3.0.4/
>>>
>>> As we are near the week end, the vote will be a 5 days vote (which is
>>> around 120 hours)
>>>
>>> [+1]
>>> [0]
>>> [-1]
>>>
>>> Here my +1
>>
>> I tried the new version with our global build project, but it seems that
>> the
>> new version takes a lot more PermGen space than before. M303 could build
>> all
>> ~400 projects with 144MB PermGen space, but M304 bails out after building
>> 2/3rd of the projects. Anyone else facing increased PermGen space
>> consumption?
>>
>> - Jörg

Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com