I am developing a Maven 2.2.1 plugin that will leverage JAR file(s) that
vary depending on the target runtime system.

These two examples describe the logic.

1)      When the Maven plugin executes on a Linux box, it is going to
fork off a Java application with a CLASSPATH that includes: a.jar and
b.jar.

2)      When the Maven plugin executes on a Windows box, it is going to
fork off a Java application with a CLASSPATH that includes: x.jar and
y.jar.

The JAR files (i.e. a.jar, b.jar, x.jar, and y.jar) are private to the
Maven plugin and not exposed to the Maven projects that use the plugin.

I am trying to decide what is the best way to get the Maven plugin to
access the JAR files (i.e. a.jar, b.jar, x.jar, and y.jar). Here are the
options I am considering:

1)      Add those JAR files as resources of the Maven plugin.

2)      Add those JAR files to the Nexus repository and the Maven plugin
downloads the JAR files via their GAV.

3)      Add those JAR files to the Nexus repository and make all JAR
files as dependencies on my plugin. The plugin will build up the
CLASSPATH by parsing thru its dependencies.

I do not like option 1), because I actually have multiple Maven plugins
that are going to need to leverage the exact same functionality; and I
do not want to store the same JAR files as resources of multiple
plugins.

I do not like option 2), because I am not sure of the best way to do
this.

I think that option 3) is probably the best solution, but in a way, I
think option 2 might be a little cleaner.

Q. Has anyone implemented option 2)? If so, could you provide some
insight on how to do that?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you
may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information
contained in the message. If you have received the message in error,  please
advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message.