Hi Mirko,

I'd prefer to fix your pain in the rule itself, for example by adding the dependency-scope (if that would help). About the release: it's already a critical process, so to add suddenly extra rules could be quite annoying. Anyhow, you'll need to use a release-profile here, you're free to add extra enforcer rules there.
So I'm still not convinced.

-Robert

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MENFORCER-118