What's the reason for the "Bumped MI to Java6 level."?
Looks like a potential issue to me (assuming a lot of projects still use java5)

-Robert

Op Wed, 08 Aug 2012 18:29:41 +0200 schreef Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>:

Nice changes.
+1 to merge that.
Maybe some jiras entries to create :-)

--
Olivier
Le 7 août 2012 23:21, "Tamás Cservenák" <ta...@cservenak.net> a écrit :

Hi there,

Olivier did a great job of releasing Maven Indexer 4.1.3 that bumped Lucene
to 3.6.1.

But, having Lucene 3.6.1 in MI makes us now possible to do more. Here is a
branch I did today:
https://github.com/cstamas/maven-indexer/commits/fixes

Basically, it has following changes:
* Removed heavy uses of StringBuffer, replaced with StringBuilder
* Version bumped to 4.5.0-SNAP (from 4.1.4-SNAP) as changes below
introduces API breakage (especially how you "acquire" IndexSearcher from
context, needed to properly implement locking semantics)
* Removed bottle warmer threads completely
* Removed problematic locking around contexts as we rely now on Lucene
* Using new SearcherManager (see

http://blog.mikemccandless.com/2011/09/lucenes-searchermanager-simplifies.html
)
instead of doing all this manually + relying on those removed stuff above
* Removed deprecated baggage

Changes above renders issues MINDEXER-52 and alike actually a "non-issues".

Please comment the changes.

Thanks,
~t~