Olivier,

I'm not checked yet ( not thru lazyness, but thru buzyness, and shooting this
email just as I think of it ), in all my local maven/git projects I set in the
maven-release-plugin configuration:

<pushChanges>false</pushChanges>
<localCheckout>true</localCheckout>

to prevent any upstream/origin pushes during release ( there may not BE an
origin/remote yet ). There was some discussion either on here, or in JIRA ( not
sure off hand which ) about making these options the default for any of the
supported distributed version control systems.

Does anyone know if this was done? Should these options be mandated as a
standard practise for maven+git conversion?

Mark