2012/10/11 Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>:
> What if we first merge the 2 repos into 1 git repo?
>
> Imo maven-core and the ITs must fit together! Having the ITs in a separate
> repo will make people forget about them.

None of them are big, we could easily merge them; conceptually they
belong together. It would seem like they should be merged with the
same source root. I assume the best way to do this would simply be to
flip m3 to git, then just add the complete history of core-its and
then just "merge" them on trunk... ?

> Also for a maven-core release it isn't a problem if the ITs get tagged. I
> actually would even really appreciate that fact!

Each core iIT is tagged with the initial maven version which it is
valid at (using a homebrew replacement of JUnit assumptions), which
means the full IT suite is self-configuring wrt which maven version it
is being run against. No need to tag it really.

Kristian