Kristian/Olivier,

What exactly is the issue with switching over the core to Git? I only know
vaguely what the reasoning is because I happened to wander into IRC one day. I
also see the Jenkins issue[1] referred to in the Infra issue[2] about the
conversion but it's not clear what's happening there or if it will be fixed
anytime soon. What exactly is the problem? And why doesn't this behaviour
exhibit itself in some of the other Git repos we have being built under
Jenkins? I see tons of other projects using Git and Jenkins so can we
workaround anything specific we're doing?

[1]: https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-15803
[2]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-5390

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder & CTO, Sonatype
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in.
No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow.
They know it is going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically
dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of
dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or
goals are in doubt.

  -- Robert Pirzig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance