We switched to SAX parsing in m-s-u, and we just had an interesting
issue (https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-950)
which basically happens because some plugin sets org.xml.sax.driver to
point to a variable that is only present in that plugins classloader,
when m-s-u later tries to instantiate a sax parser it blows up.

This happens because the standard instantiation algorithm in
org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader() is
not good enough for us. To my knowledge there is no standard way to
determine what implementation is in use for different JDK's,
so the best option is probably to shade in a nice small version of a
sax parser from somewhere.

I tried shading in xerces, which works nicely, but is hardly "small".
Anyone have any other suggestions ?

Kristian