Hi all,

I have a question which I am hoping someone can answer.

Rule #1 releases are golden.
However Apache plugin releases violate that rule[1][2].  If a vote fails the
next vote seems to be for exactly the same version of the plugin

I sit behind a corporate MRM - and as such we keep every single release we
download forever (as we need to make sure all builds are reproducible).
Changing this policy to test plugins up for a vote could end up with an
un-reproducible build (if a staged plugin is used).

Grabbing the plugin and installing to my local maven repo is likely doomed to
failure due to MNG-5181.

So given that releases are not always golden my question is what do people do
in order to test this with their software in a corporate environment?
(or to put it another way why are versions re-used if a vote fails, violating
the #1 maven rule)?

Regards,

/James

[1]