There is a trick called the "local aggregator pom" that advanced users
employ.

You create a local only pom and list as modules all the projects you are
working on.

Each of those checked out projects are "release roots" if they are the root
of a multi-module release.

The local only pom allows within reactor resolution of dependencies so as
soon as you make changes to a module, the rest if the modules in the
reactor can pick them up (by linking in -snapshot dependencies)

Now when it comes time to release from such a local aggregator, you need to
find out which ones you've made changes on and release each one in turn,
perhaps upping within reactor dependencies as you go.

Some of the locale modules could be in git, some in svn, some in HG, etc.
but each release root has all its child modules in the one SCM root and
part of the same tag

That is the problem space I am addressing

--
Sent from my phone