If you add apache staging to your corp proxy
and expose that to everyone you are mixing test and production.
/me dislikes the concept.

The way I usually solve this is to have an additional
corp repo-url that exposes the regular internal repo
*and*  staging. This url is used to test staging.
(I have yet to come across a scenaro where multiple
users share this ;)

Kristian