On 26 June 2013 18:44, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Howewer the ASF releases source.
> If you don't provide a download link to the source how are users
> supposed to find it?
>
> I agree that most people are not going to want to download the original
> source.
> But that does not mean it should be left unlinked.

We provide all that for Maven core - the bit the users care about and run.

Plugins are download by Maven.
Few, if any, user is going to download a source distribution of a
plugin and built it themselves.
If they are going to do that, then they are likely to want to work on
Jira issues or provide a patch and it makes much more sense to work
with source control.
And we have prominent links to the source control repositories,
including the tags.